[BioPython] "Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills"

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:52:40 +0200

Jeffrey Chang wrote:

> > Makes me wonder if "learning computational approaches... for
> > the first time" is ideally left to the Perl league, or if it
> > should be?
>
> Of course not!  However, any book introducing biologists to the tools of
> the bioinformatics trade needs to cover perl, since it's so widely used.

Which raises the question if this mountain of Perl code
could be "wrapped" more nicely in a Python shell? That
might sound weird, but I think Digital Creations is try-
ing to get something going along these lines, too. Just
search for Perl on zope.org.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman