[BioPython] Doc/Tutorial.tex (possibly stupid question)

Jan T. Kim kim@inb.mu-luebeck.de
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:59:20 +0100

Hi all,

having downloaded and installed biopython-1.00a1, I thought a reasonable
next thing to do would be checking out the tutorial. However, I could not
typeset the file Doc/Tutorial.tex in any way. Initially, the problem was
that I didn't have "hevea.sty", but even after installing that (from
hevea-1.03-1.i386.rpm found somewhere in the net) and some tweaking with
the LaTeX source, the macro \ahrefurl{} was not made available, instead,
hevea.sty turned out to conflict with the packages url and hyperref due
to redefinition of the macro \url{}. After noticing that Tutorial.tex
also attempts to include graphics that are not included with the biopython
package, I am now left with the impression that some essential things must
be missing.

Can anyone please share a clue how to prepare the tutorial for reading
and / or printing?

I've checked the mailing list archives and the usual suspect files in the
distribution, to no avail, but I'll be grateful for pointers to info which
I have overlooked.

Greetinx & thanx in advance, Jan
 |  *NEW* -->  email: kim@inb.mu-luebeck.de                           |
 |  *NEW* -->  WWW:   http://www.inb.mu-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html     |