[BioPython] about GenBank module

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:17:26 -0800 (PST)

Hmmm, I'm having trouble duplicating this.  Mine imports fine.

>>> from Martel import *
>>> from Bio import GenBank

Have you ever installed a previous version of Biopython?  Is it possible
that it may be trying to import from an older version?  GenBank is new to
this version, and those other packages were in other ones.

Try importing something else and seeing if the file is where you expected
it to come from:
>>> from Bio import SwissProt
>>> print SwissProt.__file__
/home/jchang/lib/python2.0/site-packages/Bio/SwissProt/__init__.pyc

Other than that, check to see if there is a GenBank directory in your
biopython installation.  If you're on a unix-like system, it will be in a
path like:
/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/Bio

I'm not sure where Windows puts its stuff.

Please write back if you're still having problems.

Jeff