[Biopython-dev] Testing Biopython with NumPy 1.3

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 22:35:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Peter wrote:
> I've just used NumPy 1.3.0rc1 with Python 2.4.3 on a Linux box, and
> test_Cluster and the rest of the Biopython tests passed.  This looks like
> a Windows and/or Python 2.6 problem - I should be able to try a Linux
> machine with Python 2.6 tonight...

I've just tried it on Ubuntu Jaunty (Alpha 6), with Python 2.6.1+
(already installed), the wise and clustalw packages installed, Numpy
1.3.0rc1 installed from source, and Biopython CVS installed from
source.  Again, test_Cluster.py and the rest of our tests pass
(ignoring those with additional external dependencies like BioSQL,
fdist, simcoal2).

So, whatever is going wrong on test_Cluster.py seems to be specific to
Windows (XP) and Python 2.6 - and possibly just my Windows development
machine.