[Biopython-dev] Bio.WWW; database access

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 14 09:35:29 UTC 2007

> When you say move, do you mean just move - which will break existing
> scripts, or perhaps copy the stuff and mark the old version depreciated?

I was thinking to move the code itself, and let the function in the old
module call the function in the new module, after a DeprecationWarning.

> P.S. Is this sort of large scale rearrangement the sort of changes SVN
> is meant to track better than CVS?

Hopefully. One problem with CVS is that directories cannot be removed easily.
I hope that that will be easier with SVN.

--Michiel.

Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Columbia University
1150 St Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032