[Biopython-dev] To the core developers...

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:17:30 EST 2004

Hey all;

> However, since then,
> Brad seems to have disappeared at some point, and messages to the list
> have gone unanswered.

Heh, yeah. I have been sadly absent, for which I apologize. Right
now I'm still in the unfortunate situation of not having a real job.
This leaves me working 50+ hours a week at my throwaway catering
job, and the rest of the week trying to actually get a position.
Sadly, this means I have very rarely been touching a computer this
past few months (except to right yet another cover letter, ugh).

I keep hoping that the situation will change soon and I will go back
to both having more time, and also having a current job where
Biopython is useful to me again (somehow, it doesn't really come
into play too much when waiting tables :-). But yeah, I've been
living job hope to job hope thinking that soon I'd be back in the
game without much success so far.

Enough whining on and on. Surely whatever is right for moving things
forward is fine by me. I hope soon I will be able to
contribute more, but until then I don't want to give the impression
Biopython is dead, which it most assuredly is not.

Thanks guys, and I will try to be of as much help as I can.

Now-wishing-to-go-back-to-the-warm-confines-of-grad-school-ly yr's,
Brad