[Bioperl-l] Talking at BOSC???

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 24 May 2001 10:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Ewan Birney wrote:
> >
> > For people who haven't seen the flyers, the due date for BOSC for
> > registration is the end of this month - as is ISMB's registration.
> > BOSC is running just before ISMB.
>
> The deadline is for *EARLY* registration only. (not sure for BOSC
> though)
>
> I'm planning to be at BOSC on July 20th; 19th unfortunately conflicts
> with an internal appointment.
>

> > I'd love to see a strong bioperl presence giving talks at BOSC - we are
> > after all the oldest of the open source bioinformatics projects (well...
> > depends if you count EGCG... hey ho). If you are coming to BOSC and one
> > of the bioperl developers, please consider submitting an abstract.
> >
> > I will be submitting an abstract on Bioperl-db: Rough Draft below
> >

> Hmm. I guess this means that Jason and I should present something
> about where Bioperl is and where it's heading to. Jason, are you
> already considering to submit your biocorba work? What do you think?
> Or Heikki?

I'll plan on submitting an abstract on the biocorba work with a side note
on the ensembl corba stuff depending on what Ewan wants to cover.  I'm
already slated to talk about BioCORBA/BioPerl but it would be nice if I
clarified the talk's direction before July...;)  I'd like you (Hilmar) to
be able to talk about something like bioperl future directions if you want
or we can tag team about different parts of what will be in bioperl-1.0.
Can take that discussion off list so we can write the abstract.

Would be nice to give a grand unifying theory of how all the bio{*}
projects ought to fit together (BioCORBA is striving to be that
connection).  Additionally a bioperl breakdown of how all the objects are
organized in bioperl with a reasonable set of Interfaces - perhaps the UML
model we've started can make its way up to one of the slides too...

> 	Hilmar
> Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org
> GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92121              phone: +1-858-812-1757

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Center for Human Genetics
Duke University Medical Center