Bio::PreSeq , etc.

Steven E. Brenner brenner@akamail.com
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:49:03 +0900 (JST)

Dear Chris and others,

> There are a few things that need to be fixed on my end first..Brian
> Osbourne seen some strange behaviour in the translate() method and I
> I'm not at all convinced that Seq.pm can gracefully deal with the
> absence/presence of Readseq and Parse.pm. I'll try to get things
> cleaned up in the next few days.

Ok.  Let us know once you're happy with that.

> Fortunatly my fears proved
> groundless and response was really positive.

Great!

> One of the beneficial fallouts from the poster session is that I
> should be able to install a unix box outside of the corporate
> firewall which can be a Web/FTP server for Bioperl stuff.  The
> machine can be called "bioperl.genetics.com" or somesuch and can be a
> US mirror site for the group.  What do people think about this?

I can set up a mirror at Stanford from August.  However, it would be
easier for me if someone else takes care of minding the machine and
mirror.  So, this sounds very good!  (Also, there should be no
"advertising" for GI beyond, perhaps, an acknowledgement that they are
providing the site.)

Cheers,
  Steve