Bio::PreSeq , etc.

Georg Fuellen fuellen@dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 12:08:53 +0000 (GMT)

First of all, the Objects in Bioinformatics conference Steve was talking
about has got the URL http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~alan/Meeting/
The chances that I can attend are very slim... Chris - how about you ?

> > One of the beneficial fallouts from the poster session is that I
> > should be able to install a unix box outside of the corporate
> > firewall which can be a Web/FTP server for Bioperl stuff.  The
> > machine can be called "bioperl.genetics.com" or somesuch and can be a
> > US mirror site for the group.  What do people think about this?
>
> I can set up a mirror at Stanford from August.  However, it would be
> easier for me if someone else takes care of minding the machine and
> mirror.  So, this sounds very good!  (Also, there should be no
> "advertising" for GI beyond, perhaps, an acknowledgement that they are
> providing the site.)

Just to clarify: Advertising ``no'', but sponsorship would be an entirely
different matter. Steve and I would be happy+pleased if, especially once the code
is more mature, GI would become involved as an acknowledged sponsor/contributor.
... So let's get the code into a mature state :)

best wishes,
georg