[BioSQL-l] imminent release

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Feb 12 01:56:08 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am at the BioHackathon 2008 in Japan and Heikki (who is here too,
and so are Mark, Richard, and Jan Christian) reminds me that BioSQL
still isn't released and that the hackathon would present a nice
opportunity to correct that.

So I intend to push out a release during the next 4 days, and as soon
as possible within these. Let me know if you feel that any specific
outstanding issue should be addressed before a release.

I was going to call the release 1.0. Let me know if you find that
premature and what should be fixed before we can call it that.

We expect in fact some Bio* interoperability documentation to come
out of the hackathon. This would then be released in a 1.0.x series.

Schema updates would be incorporated into a 1.1.x or higher series.
My vote is to leave the PhyloDB module out of the 1.0 release, it is
simply still in flux (and in fact we might make some changes to it
here).

Cheers,

	-hilmar