[BioSQL-l] best biosql/bioperl-db to use now?

Jason Holmes jholmes at psu.edu
Thu Mar 27 14:11:21 EST 2003

Hi,

I've been lurking on the list for a few weeks trying to get a feel for
what's going on.  I've seen some talk about a schema freeze and (in the
archives) cautions that not all versions of bioperl-db/biosql/bioperl
work together.  For someone wanting to start from scratch right now,
what would be the recommended releases (or prereleases) to use?  Would
it be better to wait until the freeze is done?

I also saw (January archives) that the Oracle version may not be as up
to date as the MySQL and Postgres versions.  Does this still hold true?
Since the end goal would be to have all of GenBank loaded, I have the
feeling that Oracle may be the way I want to go.

Thanks,

--
Jason Holmes