[Biopython] Biopython 1.71 release plans

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:44:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 7:39 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wheel builds started via:
>>
>> https://github.com/biopython/biopython-wheels/commit/447136732345a5db17012da7bc40662d15d76a52
>
> All the Linux wheels finished fine on TravisCI, but all the mac ones failed:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/biopython/biopython-wheels

Linux and Mac wheels done.

> Likewise something broke on the AppVeyor windows wheels,
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/biopython/biopython-wheels/build/1.0.46
>
> I hadn't updated our use of the upstream multibuild repositories, so
> fingers crossed they've address this already.

Progress, something odd with the Python version specific conda
dependencies to sort out to finish the Windows Wheels. That can
wait though...

I'm doing the epydoc run now for the API documentation, and updating
the build instructions as I go. I should have written down more about
the new wheel system during Biopython 1.70 but that was the first
time using it.

http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

I definitely would like us to do Biopython 1.72 fairly soon, say in a
month, to make sure the new build process is properly documented: