[Biopython-dev] Biopython notebooks on binder

Tiago Rodrigues Antao tra at popgen.net
Tue Apr 12 22:26:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

You might have heard of binder, a service that turns Jupyter notebooks
live on the web. The only thing you need is a browser and github
notebooks. A docker container will be created somewhere else to run this
on the fly for you,

http://mybinder.org/

I have started configuring the notebooks to support binder. Basic stuff
already works, and I believe it will be easy to finalize the rest.

You can check them here:

http://mybinder.org/repo/tiagoantao/biopython-notebook/

A couple of notes:

1. Binder is in beta. It has worked very well, but not very fast.

2. I still have to add a lot of applications. This should be easy to do.
But you can test the basic stuff (that does not require external binaries
or uncommon libraries)

Tiago