[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Presenter for Biopython Project Update talk at BOSC 2016?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:17:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Christian Brueffer
<christian at brueffer.de> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for the explanation; co-presenting would be fine with me.
>
> Based on Joao's abstract from last year I have created a version for
> this year:
>
> https://github.com/cbrueffer/talks/tree/master/2016_BOSC/abstract
>
> Feedback and pull requests very welcome!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Quick work!

https://github.com/cbrueffer/talks/blob/master/2016_BOSC/abstract/abstract.tex

Minor: Insert hard line breaks into the tex file so its easier to read
on GitHub in the raw form?

Minor: LaTeX quotes are weird, use ``=='' (back tick, back tick,
text you are quoting, apostrophe apostrope) not "==" (using the
double quote character). This dates back to early fonts where
those characters also looked like left and right quotation marks.

Authors: We've had some debates about this in the past. I'm OK
with listing just the presenter and the "Biopython Contributors",
or we again try to include anyone making major contributions to
the talk slides or to Biopython in the last year (i.e. the work being
shown in the update talk).

If you want to email round the PDF to make it easier for others to
comment, its currently about 200kb which should be fine but will
need manual approval by a moderator (e.g. me, Tiago, Brad).

Thank you!