[Bioperl-l] bioperl executables files and dist-zilla

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 9 17:12:47 UTC 2015

I think in bioperl-live much of the script munging during build/install is handled by the Module::Build sub-class (Bio::Root::Build) but is a bit of a hack; yeah this needs to be migrated to dzil.  Looking at [2] it appears in the role that the directory is settable via the ‘dir’ attribute; would this also be settable during configuration?  The plugin consuming the role is Dist::Zilla::Plugin::ExecDir

Alternatively you could move scripts -> bin and symlink ‘scripts’ to point to the new location but I’m not sure how well git handles symlniks.  IIRC it sometimes tries to resolve them.

Re: extensions, I wouldn’t have a problem with this except that old installations of the scripts would still be around, correct? If so, we would need to add a bit of code that checks for the presence of old versions and removes/replaces them.  Might be more trouble than it’s worth.

chris