[Bioperl-l] bioperl executables files and dist-zilla

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:04:40 UTC 2015

Hi

when installing new bioperl modules with dist zilla, the executable files
are not being installed.  The reason is that our dist zilla plugin bundle [1]
is searching for them in the default directory "bin/" while bioperl seems
to have them in a "scripts/" directory.  This is done by the ExecFiles plugin.

I can change this easily or I can just move the binaries to "bin/" (which
I think is more common).  Also, dropping the file extensions would make
things simpler.

One last thing, I was thinking of adding the SetScriptShebang plugin [3]
to the bundle. Opinions?

Carnë

[1] https://metacpan.org/pod/Pod::Weaver::PluginBundle::BioPerl
[2] https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla::Role::ExecFiles