[Bioperl-l] [gsoc-2014] Presentation

Israel Leiva israel.leiva at usach.cl
Thu Feb 27 06:09:32 UTC 2014

Hello!

My name is Israel Leiva, I'm a computer science student at University of
Santiago, Chile (more personal info on [1]). I got here by the Google
Summer of Code. I have a good knowledge of Perl (+5 years) and databases,
and I think OBF (and in particular BioPerl) is a very interesting project,
quite enough to spent the summer coding! You can check some of my codes on
[2] or in my CPAN profile [3] (two modules, one mine, one "adopted"). Some
of the project ideas that captured my attention were "Convert BioPerl-DB to
DBIx::Class", eventhough I have no experience with DBIx::Class but I'm
willing to learn :). The other one was the "Major BioPerl Reorganization,
Part 2". Both of them seem to involve lot of work, so I'll apreciate any
guidelines and/or feedback concerning these ideas, how to get started with
BioPerl and see if I'm suitable for this year's gsoc. One last thing, the
links for browsing the "bioperl-live" code and subprojects are broken in
the "open-bio" wiki. After some searching I found links to a github repo
and a redmine, which one should I consider official?

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://ileiva.github.io/about/
[2] https://github.com/ileiva/
[3] https://metacpan.org/author/ILV