[Bioperl-l] Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene now on Github

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:20:27 UTC 2013

On 9 Sep 2013 16:41:50, "Fields, Christopher J" <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> All,
>
> I contacted Mingyi Liu, the author of Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene, about putting his code up on Github and he enthusiastically agreed.  Based on his feedback I have added it (from his latest CPAN release) as a git repository here (under the bioperl account):
>
>     https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-ASN1-EntrezGene
>
> I'll work on migrating any outstanding issue to Github as well.
>
> chris

Hi

I have contacted him some time ago about a bug fix which I believe was
never released. At the time there was no public repository of the
package so I just created one [1] for him to see the patch [2].

In addition, to that, there are two other ``bugs'' reported [1] with
fixes. One is just a matter of setting the correct permisions for the
files, and the other is a spelling mistake on the documentation.
Finally, his email address needs an update since it no longer works.
His current email address is <mingyiliu at gmail.com>

Carnë

[1] https://github.com/carandraug/bio-asn1-entrezgene
[2] https://github.com/carandraug/bio-asn1-entrezgene/commit/69d505056d8b7897df6271ffb7a5f39d58873c6b