[Bioperl-l] Converting blast+ output to gff (with gaps)

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:35:23 UTC 2013

with bp_search2gff  I included a cmdline options so you decide what is the reference (seqid column) and what is the target (9th column) since in some cases (BLASTX vs TBLASTN) you may want to be displaying one or the other as the reference. this is the -t option.

You can also have the -m option when you run which will build the grouping match term for a parent and then the sub-children will be HSPs that have that parent per Malcom's description of the parent child info.

Have you tried this with your output - it should work fine with regular vanilla text blast+ output or the -outfmt 6 option (tell bp_search2gff the format is blasttable)  or you can use -outfmt 5 and tell it you are using blastxml format.

Jason