[Bioperl-l] Missing Bio/Root/Version.pm in bioperl-live

Warren W. Kretzschmar wkretzsch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:41:57 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,
I have updated Bio/SeqIO/msout.pm and a few test files and I am trying to
figure out what branch to merge against before submitting a pull request.
On commit ee8b48d583f07b575a0c77e7c458c687cbe97b11 When I build
bioperl-live using perl Build.PL, I get the error message in the
postcsript. Apparently Bio/Root/Version.pm is missing?

Should I be merging against another branch instead?

Regards,
Warren

PS Here is the output from perl Build.PL
Checking prerequisites...
  recommends:
    *  Algorithm::Munkres is not installed
    *  Array::Compare is not installed
    *  Convert::Binary::C is not installed
    *  GD is not installed
    *  Graph is not installed
    *  GraphViz is not installed
    *  HTML::TableExtract is not installed
    *  Math::Random is not installed
    *  PostScript::TextBlock is not installed
    *  SOAP::Lite is not installed
    *  SVG is not installed
    *  SVG::Graph is not installed
    *  Set::Scalar is not installed
    *  Sort::Naturally is not installed
    *  Spreadsheet::ParseExcel is not installed
    *  XML::Parser::PerlSAX is not installed
    *  XML::SAX::Writer is not installed
    *  XML::Twig is not installed

Checking optional features...
EntrezGene................disabled
  requires:
    ! Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene is not installed
MySQL Tests...............disabled
  requires:
    ! DBD::mysql is not installed
Pg Tests..................disabled
  requires:
    ! DBD::Pg is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES.  You may wish to install the
versions
of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

Run 'Build installdeps' to install missing prerequisites.

Can't find file Bio/Root/Version.pm to determine version at
/Library/Perl/5.12/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1193.