[Bioperl-l] get geneID for gene names

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed May 2 17:55:29 UTC 2012

Hermann,

The below works for me (note I'm using esearch, not efetch).  To actually get the records you will use efetch and the IDs obtained below.

chris

my $name = "Copg";
my $factory = Bio::DB::EUtilities->new(-eutil  => 'esearch',
                                      -db     => 'unists',
                                      -term   => '$name AND mouse [ORGN]',
                                      -email  => '<EMAIL_HERE>',
                                      );