[Bioperl-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Google Summer of Code

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 14 17:51:51 UTC 2011

All,

As Rob Buels previously mentioned, the Open Bioinformatics Foundation has again applied for the Google Summer of Code (GSoC).  BioPerl has been involved with GSoC over the last several years, most recently when Jun Yin refactored the alignment subsystem, code that will be incorporated into BioPerl after the 1.6.2 release:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code#2010

We have several ideas for projects for the upcoming GSoC 2011 on the wiki, but we are open to just about anything BioPerl-related.  We are also looking for more potential mentors!  If you have ideas or would like to be a mentor, free to submit to the web page, discuss it on this list, or join us on IRC (#obf-soc on freenode).

chris

Christopher Fields
IGB Postdoctoral Fellow
Genomics of Neural & Behavioral Plasticity
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Institute for Genomic Biology
1206 W. Gregory Dr. , MC-195
Urbana, IL 61801