[Bioperl-l] revcom the multiple sequence alignment

wenbin mei wenbinmei at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:51:18 UTC 2011

I think I might not explain clearly my questions. I extract the individual
gene alignment from the whole genome alignment. Since some gene are on the
reverse strand, I want to revcom the gene alignment. There is part of my
scripts. I can read the strand information from another file.

my $newstart = $refseq->column_from_residue_number($start);
my $newend = $refseq->column_from_residue_number($end);
$seq{$genename} = $aln->slice($newstart, $newend);

Any suggestion to help me revcom some gene alignment on the minus strand is
helpful. Thank you.

-best,
wenbin