[Bioperl-l] revcom the multiple sequence alignment

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:40:37 UTC 2011

I think this would work to update it in place though I haven't tried it myself

for my $seq ( $aln->each_seq ) {
 $seq->seq( $seq->revcom->seq );
}
$out->write_aln($aln);

This may also work - not entirely sure if there is any extra work done on the meta data (start/end) of the Seq object when this is done.  You may want to flip start/end for the sequences (the seqs are Bio::LocatableSeq objects) explicitly if not. Or you may not care about those data and can ignore.

   $seq = $seq->revcom

Jason