[Bioperl-l] Trouble in converting abi files to phd files by Bio::SeqIO

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 22 00:09:05 UTC 2010

It's very possible this is due to API changes within io_lib, but I can't be sure.  Aaron, any idea?

Just to note, we no longer recommend using the bioperl-ext modules, mainly b/c they have not been actively maintained, so much so that updating them to use the current API is quite difficult (might involve some extensive refactoring).  The BioLib project, however, has perl bindings to io_lib.  If one had time they could incorporate the BioLib io_lib bindings into bioperl, but I believe ABI support was removed a while ago so that will be problematic.

chris