[Bioperl-l] Parsing Alternative Splicing Gene information from Genbank file using Bioperl

Amritavisdom amritavisdom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:25:19 UTC 2010

Hi All,

        I am a novice programmer in Bioperl. For my project, I have to parse
the Genbank files and make a dataset. But I am facing the problem while
mapping the mRNA and CDS of the Alternative Splicing genes.

        Whether there is any special module in Bioperl, which will extract
the Alternative Splicing genes from the Genbank file, or how we can parse
the Alternative Splicing gene information from  the Genbank file using
Bioperl.

 Example of Alternative Splicing gene entry :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/1145692

Thanks,

 Amrita