[Bioperl-l] best method for dealing with hg18 seq-features in a relational database?

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 20 18:42:36 UTC 2010

Take a look at Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store.  It's got a loader that ships
with bioperl, bp_seqfeature_load.pl.

perldoc Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store.

 From the sound of it, the GMOD/Chado stuff might be too heavyweight for
what you are doing.  But a good method for accessing a Chado schema from
Perl is Bio::Chado::Schema,
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Bio::Chado::Schema, which is based on
DBIx::Class.

Hope this helps!