[Bioperl-l] getting only the aminoacids for a domain

José Ramón Blas Pastor joseramonblas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 07:38:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

with these lines I download protein sequences matching "jjjj" uniprot code.

!/usr/bin/perl
use lib '/sw/share/bioperl-pm588';
use Bio::SeqIO;
use Bio::DB::SwissProt;
$db_obj = Bio::DB::SwissProt->new;
$seq_obj = $db_obj->get_Seq_by_id('jjjj');

...from here, I cut the sequences and get only a piece of each one (with
subseq, between j1 and j2 residues)

$shortened = $seq_obj->subseq(j1,j2);
$seq_obj->seq($shortened);
$seqio_obj = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => '>jjjj.jletra.j1_j2.fasta', -format =>
'fasta' );
$seqio_obj->write_seq($seq_obj);

How can I download the sequence of ONLY THOSE AMINOACIDS that match, in
uniprot, in the Sequence annotation section,

Feature key: Domain
&

Is there any way of downloading all the existing fasta sequences for a given
domain?

Thanks in advance,

JR