[Bioperl-l] Posterior (and other values) from BEAST/treeannotator/FigTree tree nodes

Greg Baillie gb7 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jul 7 14:41:13 UTC 2010

Hi.

I'm trying to extract information (eg. posterior values) from nodes of
trees generated using BEAST/treeannotator/FigTree.

The trees, which are in nexus format, seem to load OK, but when I
iterate through the nodes looking for posterior values (/if (
$node->has_tag('posterior') ) {.../), none of the nodes seem to have
posteriors.

In fact, none of the nodes have any tags (/my @tags =
$node->get_all_tags(); print join ',', @tags/). And when I dump an
entire tree using Data::Dumper, there is no sign of any of the node values.

Does TreeIO handle these values? If so, should I be looking somewhere
other than the tags for the values?

Thanks.

Greg.