[Bioperl-l] Bio::Assembly::IO::bowtie circular dependency?

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Tue Feb 9 21:21:21 UTC 2010

Yeah, this is getting kinda hairy-- B:T:R:Samtools is
a basic wrapper for anything that wants to use
Bio::DB::Samtools ( lstein's samtools library wrapper,
a CPAN and not a BioPerl module. Savvy?). Because
its likely that other parser-like modules will want to
use samtools ( as well as wrapper-like modules), I
would vote for moving Samtools and Samtools::Config
into the bioperl-live version of Bio::Tools::Run.
(A question for another day is, should we/can we
coalesce the two instances of Bio::Tools:Run,
and where?)
MAJ