[Bioperl-l] Mapping Blast results

Scott Cain scott at scottcain.net
Tue Feb 2 18:55:02 UTC 2010

Hi Shalabh,

Please keep your responses on the list.

A few things:

* While it interesting that the resulting png isn't readable (and I
don't know why--perhaps the script is silently crashing?), I have to
wonder if a graphic with 1500 hits for a particular gene will be of
that much use anyway?  Perhaps, but it seems to me that 500 will do
just as well as 1500 :-)

* When you say you don't know how to map hits to a particular gene,
what is the hang up?  Coordinate mapping?  Converting blast results to
GFF?

Scott