[Bioperl-l] getting DNA sequence for exon features from GFF

kanmani radha kanmaninradha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:24:40 UTC 2010

Hi Chris and others,

For a brief amount time i could get away using Bio::DB::Fasta to index fasta
files and Bio::Tools::GFF to iterate thru GFF features. But, i hit the wall
again. Looks like sequential access of GFF featuers is not sufficient, I
want to have a random access to it. I see the only way to do that is by
using Bio::DB::GFF as suggested by Chris.

Here is my question. Is there any tutorial to configure Bioperl  or this
module in particular to work with MySQL/postgres. I will really appreciate
it.

And thanks for all your help.
Kanmani