[Bioperl-l] The Power of R

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 7 14:01:43 UTC 2009

I agree with Chris, here.  RSPerl has potential, but it really isn't a
fantastic solution.  Compare to Rpy for python, for example, to see the very
significant differences in usability.

To take another route altogether, one could consider using something like
RServe which provides a SOAP interface to R and then using SOAP calls to the
server to accomplish the tasks.  This will have some overhead, but for most
reasonable data sets, should be relatively painless.

Sean