[Bioperl-l] problem of bioperl on mac

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Feb 26 18:05:01 UTC 2009

I'm not familiar with how fink sets up BioPerl, but 'which' typically works
only for executables that are in your PATH.
Since BioPerl is a collection of perl modules, I wouldn't expect it to show
up with 'which' even when properly installed.

There is a scripts directory that comes with BioPerl and may be in
that /sw/share/bioperl-pm586 directory. If you want those scripts to appear
when you 'which', then

/sw/share/bioperl-pm586/scripts

must be in your PATH environmental variable.

Dave

PS - A later and much better version of BioPerl (1.6) is available now, and
it's easy to install with CPAN. Really no need to fink it.