[Bioperl-l] ncurses and bioperl?

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Tue Dec 15 17:50:52 UTC 2009

not to say this isn't a good idea, but currently for curses I would
use the treeviewing with retree from PHYLIP
and for short read alignments the samtools tview or Gambit (MarthLab)
works great or something like ralee for viewing MSA alignments (though
targeted for RNA editing)
  http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/sam.griffiths-jones/software/ralee/
  http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/bth489

Just that there are prior examples so would be able to learn from them
if you still wanted to roll your own here.

-jason