[Bioperl-l] GFF and LocatableSeq refactoring

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Aug 18 20:01:18 UTC 2009

On Aug 18, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Additionally, some applications (SynBrowse comes to mind) overload
> the source value and require them to conform to a certain syntax.
>
> So, what I'm trying to say is, source should probably just stay a
> simple string.

I would rephrase that to source should probably retain the possibility
of using made-up strings.

You mention one example yourself, and there have been others in a
recent thread on BioSQL [1], for why the option to have predictable,
structured values with attached semantics could be very useful.

	-hilmar

[1] http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biosql-l/2009-August/001602.html