[Bioperl-l] Regarding Bio::Root::Build

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Sun Aug 9 14:00:18 UTC 2009

Chris Fields wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:
>
>> Chris Fields wrote:
>>>
>>> From what I have seen (with my few tests) everything (modules,
>>> scripts) gets copied into blib just fine and the temp folder for
>>> script generation gets cleaned up; I haven't progressed beyond to the
>>> installation step, but there isn't anything to me that indicates it
>>> wouldn't work.
>>
>> ./Build testinstall will show you it doesn't work as-is.
>
> Sorry, I'll be leaving in the next hour, but for the above, did you mean
> './Build fakeinstall'?

Yes, sorry.

> As long as you're moving everything into /lib (which I fully support),
> we should consider hard_coding scripts into bp_foo.PLS syntax seeing as
> we're going through additional trouble of converting them over.  That
> is, unless there is a specific purpose to keeping them without the 'bp_'.

(The final suffix is supposed to be .pl  - we convert from PLS to pl in
core, no conversion needed in db)

Yes, for only a handful of scripts, it actually makes sense to flatten
them all into a new bin directory, which is the default script location
for Module::Build.

So for example I'd do:
svn mv scripts/biosql/bioentry2flat.pl bin/bp_bioentry2flat.pl
etc.