[Bioperl-l] Priorities for a bioperl-1.6 release

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Feb 12 18:10:52 UTC 2008

Chris Fields wrote:
> * perl 5.10 compliance (appears to mostly work now)
> * outstanding bugs (core only)
> * POD and test coverage

I'm fine with everything you said, but I'll just say that, at a minimum,
the above is what needs to be done.

Someone needs to step up and organise that 3rd point, since it will
require a lot of work. As I've already done work on the test suite, if
no one else expresses an interest I might look into it myself.

> Now that SVN migration is complete

Speaking of which, is there a way a file (like, oh, I don't know,
bioperl-live/trunk/t/lib/BioperlTest.pm) can exist just once in SVN but
be seen in other locations (like
bioperl-run/trunk/t/lib/BioperlTest.pm)? Such that a commit to the
version in bioperl-run also affects the version in bioperl-live? Or is
there some appropriate other way to organise where cross-repository
files are kept and dealt with?