[Bioperl-l] Bioperl + standalone blast on Mac= cannot find path to blastall

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 16:05:41 UTC 2007

Jean-luc,

>From what you written it sounds like you're using bash and not some other
shell (e.g. tcsh, csh), right? If that's the case then create a .bashrc file
in your home directory, as well as a .ncbirc file. This should work.

I'm no Unix expert but I've always configured tcsh on the Mac in the same
ways I'd configure it on Linux machines. Similarly, if you're using bash
then it will read its .bashrc file, regardless of what flavor of Unix you
use (and the same thing holds true for zsh or csh or ...).

Brian O.