[Bioperl-l] Bioperl + standalone blast on Mac= cannot find path to blastall

Jean-luc Jany jean-luc.jany at univ-brest.fr
Mon Nov 5 08:26:52 UTC 2007

Dear Bioperl and Mac users,

I am a Mac user and would like to run a script I made using Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast. Unfortunately, I did not manage to indicate to Bioperl the pathway to Blastall and other executables.

I read carefully the following link http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:StandAloneBlast and tried to indicate the path to Blast, but I guess the way to proceed is slightly different in Mac and that I should not create .ncbirc and .bashrc files (e.g. should I modify the .profile file instead of .bashrc?)

Actually, my blast file is in myname directory and comprises a /bin and  a /data file. I have got my blastall and other executables in myname/blast/bin/blastall.

Thank you in anticipation for your help.

Jean-Luc