[Bioperl-l] Why does Bio::DB::GFF::Feature::gff3_string swap start and stop coordinates??

Mark Johnson johnsonm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:37:26 UTC 2007

Patches waiting in Bugzilla (Bug #2299).  Changes:

-Bio::Tools::Glimmer now emits Bio::SeqFeature::Generic features for
prokaryotic reports (Glimmer2/Glimmer3)
-Bio::Tools::Glimmer now produces features with Fuzzy or Split
locations as appropriate (partial or circular/wraparound predictions)
-Bio::Tools:Glimmer goes through the Glimmer3 .detail file to pull out
sequence lengths
-Bio::Tools::Run::Glimmer passes along the sequence length to
Bio::Tools::Glimmer for Glimmer2

I should probably modify Bio::Tools::Genemark to use
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic features for prokaryotic reports, to be
consistent, but this is more likely to surprise people.  If nobody
screams about the change to Bio::Tools::Glimmer, I'll do it at some
point.