[Bioperl-l] Installation using --install_base

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 10:35:40 UTC 2007

I'm setting up a new installation of Debian 4.0 at home and though I'd
try to install BioPerl as a normal user rather than root. So in CPAN
options I set the --install_base to /home/username/perl and set PERL5LIB
to point to the same place.

Now, when I run "perl Build.PL" on the HEAD of BioPerl as a non root
user and ask to install all optional modules, it tries to install them
through CPAN - however it seems to fail because some dependencies don't
seem to want to install in a user directory.

Has anyone else found this or might I be doing something wrong?

Nath