[Bioperl-l] Perl Survey 2007

Mauricio Herrera Cuadra arareko at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Fri Jul 27 17:37:31 UTC 2007

Spiros Denaxas wrote:
> On 7/27/07, Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Mauricio Herrera Cuadra wrote:
>>> It really takes about 5 minutes:
>>> http://perlsurvey.org/
>> and gives all your personal information including email address to
>> anybody who cares to snoop the HTTP POST message! So there's definitely
>> no anonymity.

I didn't provided any personal information other than my country and
birthyear. As for my email, I always use the one I have for all the SPAM
I'd like to subscribe to :)

> Not to mention that it requires registration (?). Who is behind the
> survey ? I am on a number of Perl and Perl related lists and haven't
> seen it being mentioned.

Registration is rather different from confirming your email (which
prevents filling the DB multiple times by spambots/yourself, thus
screwing the survey). Who's behind it, its purpose, privacy, etc.,
please read the FAQ:

http://perlsurvey.org/faq/

Cheers,
Mauricio.