[Bioperl-l] Generalized _setparams proposal

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 10 16:41:53 UTC 2007

> > Sendu,
> >
> > Looks great to me!  As with your former proposed Bio::Root::RootI
> > method, would you switch run modules over to using this, or
> leave them be?
>
> I'd like to see all (or at least most) run modules moved over
> to being based on WrapperBase and taking advantage of this
> proposal and the other one. The only question is if I can
> find the time; its no priority: it would just be 'nice'.
> Certainly I'd encourage new run-wrappers to be written with
> these things in mind though.

Agree on all points.  Changing them over definitely isn't a top priority as
long as they still work properly, but it should eventually be done.  Maybe
something to add to the wiki Priority List?

Also, I don't know if there is a list of Run wrappers which don't use
WrapperBase, but it might be handy to have around on the wiki, at least for
keeping track of changes.