[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Glimmer

Mark Johnson johnsonm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:50:05 UTC 2007

    Well, each format has some unique features.  If the user declines to
specify the format, I can figure it out, but it will probably involve
scanning the input file twice.  I'll take a look.
    I can do all the parsing in one function, in fact I have, just to see
how nasty it would end up being.  I just can't stomach having the code that
tightly coupled and hard to read.  In the end it'll probably be three
functions.  GlimmermM/HMM are pretty close.  Maybe two, Glimmer2 and
Glimmer3 aren't *that* different, either.