[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Glimmer

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Wed Feb 7 02:36:54 UTC 2007

> I definitely vote for 1) - worst case you have 4 separate methods if
> there is no good way to condense the parsing for each format and
> require the user to specify the format.

And make the defaut -format to be what is currently parses, ie.
GlimmerM/GlimmerHMM

> I have no problem with requiring user to specify what program she
> used - if we can be fancy and guess the format later (i.e. guess
> format in SeqIO) -then that's icing.

Agreed.

>> Okay, I need to get something going for a project I'm working on.

I would normally try to help but I am so swamped with work-work at the
moment. Just a reminder that last year I added examples of the
different Glimmer outputs to the CVS repository:

./t/data/Glimmer3.predict
./t/data/Glimmer3.detail
./t/data/GlimmerHMM.out
./t/data/Glimmer2.out
./t/data/GlimmerM.out
./t/data/glimmer.out (this was the original one)

Thanks for taking this on!

--Torsten