[Bioperl-l] Creating PPD's from CPAN Bundles

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 26 15:48:42 UTC 2006

To tell the truth, I wouldn't worry about the bioperl-1.4 PPM.  So much has
changed between the two versions that I think more users would switch to
1.5.2 anyway.  And there have been a ton of bugfixes, code improvements, etc
since bioperl 1.4.

We could relegate the 1.4 PPM to the old_releases directory to separate them
from the newer v1.5.2 and Bundle::Bioperl PPMs.  That way you wouldn't have
to worry about backwards compatibility (the 1.4 ppd file contains all the
information for 1.4 anyway).

If anyone wants to play with the older PPMs they can set up a local
directory as a repository and install it from there.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign