[Bioperl-l] BLAST and parsing question

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Wed Apr 26 07:07:34 UTC 2006

Have you already looked into MUMmer ? I believe you even don't need a
sliding window approach. Given the complete query sequence, the
application will just show the stretches of exact matches.
It is based on suffix trees. Disadvantage however, is that currently
there is no possibility to store the indexes to the suffix trees, e.g.
you can not 'formatdb' your sequences into a 'MUMmer database'. The
suffix tree datastructures for the 'database' are generated in every run
and stored into memory.
Check it out at http://mummer.sourceforge.net/.
Cheers,
Marc

Marc Logghe, PhD
Expert Scientist Bioinformatics
deVGen NV
Technologiepark 30
B - 9052 Ghent-Zwijnaarde
Tel. +32 9 324 24 83
Fax. +32 9 324 24 25
Web: www.devgen.com

 --- Disclaimer start ---
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or which is proprietary to the sender. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments thereto, as well as any and all
information contained therein, are intended for the sole use of the
recipient or recipients designated above. Any use of this e-mail, of any
attachments thereto, of any and all information contained therein,
and/or of any part(s) thereof (including, without limitation, total or
partial reproduction, communication and/or distribution in any form) by
persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your cooperation.