[Bioperl-l] blast program to run locally on windows

Raghunath Verabelli iamvela at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 21:54:33 UTC 2006

Thanks Chris.

I have installed everything, but unable to get the
blast hits from the database file. I get this message:

BLASTP 2.2.13 [Nov-27-2005]

Reference: Altschul, Stephen F., Thomas L. Madden,
Alejandro A. Schaffer,
Jinghui Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Webb Miller, and David J.
Lipman (1997),
"Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of
protein database search
programs",  Nucleic Acids Res. 25:3389-3402.

Query= target48
         (115 letters)

Database: temp
           2,093,771 sequences; 757,160,754 total
letters

 ***** No hits found ******

  Database: temp
    Posted date:  Nov 11, 2005  3:50 PM
  Number of letters in database: 757,160,754
  Number of sequences in database:  2,093,771

I also see following error messages:

[NULL_Caption] WARNING:  [000.000]  target48: Unable
to open BLOSUM62
[NULL_Caption] WARNING:  [000.000]  target48:
BlastScoreBlkMatFill returned non-zero status
[NULL_Caption] WARNING:  [000.000]  target48:
SetUpBlastSearch failed.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

thanks,
Raghu