[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlast on pre-formatted GenBank nt database

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Apr 6 14:39:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I apologize if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find a solution using google.

I downloaded the pre-formatted nt blast database from GenBank which is
split in five smaller databases with file extensions like this: nt.0[0-4].*
It also comes with an alias file nt.nal
blastall works well like this:

blastall -p blastn -d nt

But unfortunately my Perl script, which starts a blast search using

Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast

and the same parameters as the blastall command above gives a warning
and an exception:

[blastall] WARNING: Could not find index files for database /Library/WebServer/Documents/blast/db/Volumes/Seahorse_HD2/blastdb/nt
[blastall] WARNING: BI867164: Could not find index files for database /Library/WebServer/Documents/blast/db/Volumes/Seahorse_HD2/blastdb/nt